POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : realistic rendering in pov : Re: realistic rendering in pov Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: realistic rendering in pov
From: Halbert
Date: 27 Jun 2000 18:39:15
Message: <39592d13@news.povray.org>
That is a very long render time. Did you use photons?
Seems to me that the single most important aspect of a quality
photorealistic rendering is how the lighting is set up. I saw an excellent
example on lighting and postprocessing at this location:
http://3drender.com/jbirn/ea/Ant.html
It is very brief but pictures say alot and you can glean ideas from such
articles.
If you master this sort of thing then you can render excellent
photorealistic pictures of fake-looking objects with fake-looking textures!